UNAIDS is looking for a Resource Mobilization Consultant to fill a vacant position in the UNAIDS Country Office, Beijing, China.
Support to build and strengthen public private partnerships to develop funding opportunities
The world will not end the AIDS epidemic without meaningful collaboration across the public and private sectors that leads to structural change in financing arrangements and investment patterns for global health and sustainable development.
In more recent years, a series of disruptive changes to the funding landscape for technical partners and global health financing more generally, have led to the emergence and steady widening of a funding gap straining the ability of the Joint Programme.Due to financial and economic crisis, major donor countries are concerned with their own problems such as the immigration crisis, and their contribution to technical partners have decreased significantly.
Recognizing the need for urgent efforts to close the resource gap, UNAIDS is seeking to diversify resource mobilization approaches as directed by the UNAIDS Resource Mobilization Strategy. To build and strengthen public private partnerships is an importantstep to implement Resource Mobilization Strategy.
China is an emerging economy and is the second largest economy in the world. Private firm has been a major source of economic growth in recent years. Some of the leading companies in China are already working with International Organization to supportdelivering lifesaving assistance and sustainable solutions for millions of families worldwide, including UNHCR and UN WOMAN. It is UNAIDS´interest to explore the support from the Chinese private sector and would hope which could inject new and vital energyinto finding to UNAIDS who is leading global responses to ending of AIDS as part of achieving SDGs.
Scope of Work & Deliverables
Under a matrix reporting line to the Director – Resource Mobilisation and partnership and with the day to day guidance of the UNAIDS UCD China and the department of Programme Partnerships & Fundraising, the Consultant will assist UNAIDS to develop a fundraisingstrategy, build public private partnerships that generate funds for the organization in the short term as well as develop a roadmap for generating resources longer term and help UNAIDS shape brand visibility for the China fundraising market. The scope of workand deliverables shall include the following:
1) Develop a UNAIDS China Resource Mobilization Strategy on Corporate Social Responsibility (including high net individual donors) including an implementation workplan;
2) Support the UNAIDS China office on building a fundraising brand to increase UNAIDS presence and visibility;
3) Map key partners to be reached focusing on Chinese companies, high net individuals, foundations, NGOs as well as Chinese celebrities/personalities etc.
4) Introduce the China UCO team to important fundraising networks and platforms to increase brand and visibility，including within the digital space, to increase brand visibility and individual giving;
5) Use the short term networks to mobilise up to $1million while developing a realistic target and steps to attain it for the period 2018-2019.
6) Support for China-Africa philanthropy cooperation.
Qualifications and Experience
1) Masters degree in business studies or an equivalent field;
2) At least five years demonstrated private sector fundraising experience on behalf of international organizations working in China;
3) Demonstrated knowledge of CSR networks and relationships;
4) Knowledge of the legal fundraising environment in China
5) Good working knowledge of and ability to write well in English
6) Strong communications skills
7) A team player, able to operate in a diverse environment
The Consultant’s support will begin on or about 1st August 2018 and end on or about 31st July 2019.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 31 July 2018
Terms of Reference:TOR UCO China resporce moblization 07182018.docx